Patalsu Peak Trek
Located on the northern side of the mesmerizing Kullu Valley, the Patalsu peak (4220m/13845ft) is one of the few Indian treks involving the thrill and exhilaration of a summit climb.
Altitude4200m / 13,800 ft
Best Time to VisitApril - June / Sep - Oct
With a dreamy foray into sleepy villages, apple orchards, gorgeous pine and cedar forests, and majestic snow peaks, the trekkers are in for an unforgettable expedition deep into the lap of the mighty Himalayas.
- No of Days - 5 days / 4 nights
- Trek Grade - Moderate
- Max Altitude - 4200m / 13,800 ft
- Beginning Point - Manali
- End Point - Manali
- Best time to go - April to May / Sep to Oct
Arrive in Manali. Laze around in your hotel or explore the surroundings with a sightseeing tour of the town on your own.
Manali - Solang Nala
Assemble at the decided point. The trek leader and the staff acquaint you with the do's and dont's, and other details regarding the trek.
The trek commences with a beautiful walk following the left bank of the Beas. You gradually start moving into wilderness, leaving the hustle and bustle of Manali behind. The trail passes through some serene little hamlets like Ghoshal, Shanag and Burwa. You cross the river from here and reach the Solang Nala. We set up our camp at a beautiful stretch along the Beas river.
Solang Nala to Shagadugh
Have a hearty breakfast and get set to kick start the exciting day lying ahead. You leave the village of Solan behind, and pass through some breathtaking stretches of Cedar, Pine and Oak forest. Bird watchers are requested to keep the cameras ready, as the stretch is famous for the sightings of some exotic species like Monals and khaleej pheasants.
The gorgeous trail finally leads you into the vast green meadows of Shahadug. Explore the beautiful campsite. A perfect place for lonely walks and some 'Me time'...Overnight stay in the camp.
Shagadugh - Patalsu Peak - Shagadugh
It's a long day ahead, so we start early in the morning. Being the 'Summit Day' you can feel the buzz and excitement in the air. For the first hour, you criss cross the lush forest and make your way forward towards the base of the imposing Patalsu peak.
The trail gets uneven and exposed as you begin the final ascend. It's a moderate 3-4 hours of trek from this point till the peak summit. But once u reach the summit, it all seems worth the sweat and effort. You just cant explain the sense of achievement as you stand on the summit with your head high and chest pumping with adrenaline. And add to that, the panoramic views of the Shitidhar, Manali and Friendship peaks..Things can't get any better than this...
Capture the beautiful moments, and start the descend back to the Shagadugh campsite for the overnight stay.
Trek from Shagadugh to Solang / Drive from Solang to Manali
You retrace your path to the Solang Village, from where the veichles will pick and drop you back to Manali.
Accomodation in Tents
- Camping tents (triple sharing basis), Sleeping Bags, Carry Mats
- Nutritious and healthy vegetarian food. (Starting with lunch on First Day and ending with breakfast on Last Day).
- Support staff for Guidance in the trek
- Mules to carry luggage. (Weight limit - 10kg per person)
- Transportation cost from Delhi to Manali and return.
- Hotel Accommodation in Manali.
- Food at Manali.
- Local sightseeing expense in Manali
- Personal expense of any kind
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions.
Total Package Costs Rs. 8,500 /-*
Things to Carry
- Backpack 35-40L
- Small Day Pack upto 20L (To carry camera, water, jacket and similar useful items)
- Trekking Pole
- Ankle length waterproof trekking shoes
- Trekking Pants
- T Shirts (Full sleeves and half sleeves)
- Warm Jacket / 2 Pullover
- Thermals (If you are susceptible to feeling cold
- Cap (1 suncap and 1 woolen)
- Sunscreen Lotion (Above SPF 50)
- 2 Water Bottles (1 litre each)
- Flash Light with extra batteries
- Toiletries (Moisturiser, Light towel, Lip Balm, Toilet Paper, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer)
- Basic Medical Kit (Crocin, Avomine, Combiflam, Disprin, Avil, Norflox, Digene, Crepe Bandage, Band Aid, Cotton, ORS, Moov Spray, Betadine or any antiseptic creme)
Terms & Conditions:Cancellation Policy:
- Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the trek - 50% refund
- Cancellations between 30 days and 20 days to the start of the trek - 25% refund
- Cancellations less than 20 days to the start of the trek - No refund
If a trek is canceled at the last moment due to unforeseen circumstances / govt. restrictions / weather conditions (like landslides, rain, earthquake, strikes, bandhs, etc), 'The Offbeat Soul' will issue a trek voucher for the full amount. The voucher can be redeemed for the same trek or another trek in the next one year.
Cancellations requests are entertained only on mail.
The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days
Though maximum efforts are made to ensure the safety of the trekkers, 'The Offbeat Soul' will not be responsible for any injuries, both physical or mental, caused directly or indirectly in the trekking activities.
All participants are requested to download the 'Risk Form' and get it along with them on their respective treks.
It is understood that while registering yourself for any trek, you are well aware of the all the risks involved in high altitude trekking. You have taken efforts to understand what AMS (Acute Mountain sickness' is, and you are in a good state to manage your altitude related emergencies.
When you register for the trek, it is presumed that you are in a perfect physical and mental condition to undertake the rigours of a high altitude trek with low oxygen levels. We assume that you are able to jog a distance of 5 kms in 30 minutes.
The Offbeat Soul has the right to ask a trekker to discontinue the trek at any point if he/she does not meet our expected fitness requirement. In this case, the trekker will be accompanied by our staff back till the base camp.
Last minute changes / Delays
It may happen under some extreme circumstances, that there may be some last minute changes in the planned itinerary. The trek may start a day later or end a day earlier due to volatile climatic conditions, political restrictions, or any other reason. In such cases, The Offbeat Soul is not liable to refund the trek, either fully or partly. The participant cannot ask for compensation for any injury, loss or damage due to such changes.
- Drinking and Smoking are strictly prohibited during the trek. You will be disqualified from the trek with immediate effect if found flouting the rules.
- The Offbeat Soul is not responsible for any loss or damage of your belongings or equipment on the trek.
- Any damage to the equipments by the participant, other than the normal wear and tear, will be billed to you. Our decision on such matters will be final and binding.