Baggi Snow Trek
Departure Dates: Jan(5,12,19,26), Feb(2,9,16,23)
The Baggi Winter Trek is specially crafted to give you a taste of life in a secluded Himalayan Village during the magical winters.
Best Time to VisitJan - Feb
This trek starts at Banu, just 3 kms before Manali on the main Kullu road. The trail proceeds through thick coniferous forests and takes you through secluded villages covered in snow. A highlight of this winter trek is the traditional Himalayan homestay experience. Indulge in fascinating conversations with the charming locals, sit by the window over a hot cup of tea, and watch the snow flakes gently falling over the stagnant deodars. A perfect way to live that surreal fantasy you had always dreamt of !!!
There will also be opportunities for winter sports and games such as Skiing, Tube fight at Baggi, the highest point in our trek, located at an altitude of 2400m.
- Duration - 4 Days / 3 Nights
- Highest Altitude - 2400m.
- Vacation type - Trekking
- Accommodation - Homestay
- Best time to Visit - Jan / Feb
- Trek Grade - Easy / Moderate
- Starting Point - Banu
- End Point - Banu
Arrive at Banu ==> Trek to Jagatsukh ( 4 kms / 4-5 hours )
We assemble at Banu at 10 am. After a round of introduction, the trek leader will brief you about what to expect during the next three days.
The trek starts by crossing the bridge over the guggling Beas River. You will find some small villages on the way and your first experience of the daily life in a snow clad Himalayan wonderland.
The trek is a relatively easy one with a little gradual ascend. We stop at a scenic spot on the way to have the packed lunch. It takes 4-5 hours to finally reach the village of Jagatsukh, our final stop for the day.
Jagatsukh is a picturesque village know for its abundant beauty and serenity. With the majestic Deo Tibba mountains to its east and the gorgeous Manali Valley below, you will be in a constant company with bewitching vistas. A visit to the local Shiva temple is highly recommended.
Hot tea and snacks in the evening will be followed by dinner at night. Overnight in a homestay.
Trek from Jagatsukh to Banara ( 3 kms / 3-4 hours )
From Jagatsukh, its a 3 hours trek to Banara. The beautiful trail passes through some beautiful apple orchards covered in a thick blanket of snow. Its a moderate trek with a gradual ascend in altitude. Bhanara is a sleepy little hamlet tucked away deep in the lap of the mighty Himalayas. You will find some scattered houses and open fields providing a stunning view of snow clad mountains all around.
You will experience a traditional homestay accommodation in the village. There will be fun activities in the evening, and an ample opportunity to marvel at the scenic beauty of snow clad Bhanara Village and the bewitching Kullu Valley below.
Dinner and overnight stay at homestay
Trek to Baggi ==> Tube Flight ==> Return to Banara ( 3 kms one way )
Post breakfast, we depart for Baggi, which is a path through open patches, as well as thick coniferous forests. Due to a thick blanket of snow, this stretch of 3 kms takes around 4 hours to complete. Trek at you pace and let the stunning whitewashed surroundings sway you away with an ethereal charm and beauty.
Once at Baggi, there will be fun times with an opportunity to try hands at Tube flight and playing with all the abundant snow all around you. By evening, we will reach back Banara for some hot tea followed by bonfire and dinner.
Overnight at homestay.
Trek to Banu via Jagatsukh ( 7 kms / 4 hours )
We wrap up the trek by following the trail back to Jagatsukh.
Those interested in going towards Manali may disperse at Jagatsukh, while the remaining trekkers continue towards Banu.
You will reach Banu by 2 pm with memories of a lifetime, and a strong desire to return for another Himalayan adventure.
Accomodation in Homestay
- 3 nights homestay accommodation
- Nutritious and healthy vegetarian food ( Starting with lunch on first day and ending with breakfast on last day )
- Local guide and support staff
- All necessary permits
- Transportation cost till Banu and return
- Any expense for a stay at Manali, either before or after the trek
- Emergency evacuation expense
- Bagpack offloading Charges - Rs 300 per bag
- Personal expense of any kind
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
Total Package Costs Rs. 7,499 /-*
Things to Carry
- Backpack 35-40L
- Small Day Pack upto 20L (To carry camera, water, jacket and similar useful items)
- Trekking Pole
- Ankle length waterproof trekking shoes
- Trekking Pants
- T Shirts (Full sleeves and half sleeves)
- Warm Jacket / 2 Pullover
- Thermals (If you are susceptible to feeling cold
- Cap (1 suncap and 1 woolen)
- Sunscreen Lotion (Above SPF 50)
- 2 Water Bottles (1 litre each)
- Flash Light with extra batteries
- Toiletries (Moisturiser, Light towel, Lip Balm, Toilet Paper, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer)
- Basic Medical Kit (Crocin, Avomine, Combiflam, Disprin, Avil, Norflox, Digene, Crepe Bandage, Band Aid, Cotton, ORS, Moov Spray, Betadine or any antiseptic creme)
Terms & Conditions:Cancellation Policy:
- Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the trek - 50% refund
- Cancellations between 30 days and 20 days to the start of the trek - 25% refund
- Cancellations less than 20 days to the start of the trek - No refund
If a trek is canceled at the last moment due to unforeseen circumstances / govt. restrictions / weather conditions (like landslides, rain, earthquake, strikes, bandhs, etc), 'The Offbeat Soul' will issue a trek voucher for the full amount. The voucher can be redeemed for the same trek or another trek in the next one year.
Cancellations requests are entertained only on mail.
The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days
Though maximum efforts are made to ensure the safety of the trekkers, 'The Offbeat Soul' will not be responsible for any injuries, both physical or mental, caused directly or indirectly in the trekking activities.
All participants are requested to download the 'Risk Form' and get it along with them on their respective treks.
It is understood that while registering yourself for any trek, you are well aware of the all the risks involved in high altitude trekking. You have taken efforts to understand what AMS (Acute Mountain sickness' is, and you are in a good state to manage your altitude related emergencies.
When you register for the trek, it is presumed that you are in a perfect physical and mental condition to undertake the rigours of a high altitude trek with low oxygen levels. We assume that you are able to jog a distance of 5 kms in 30 minutes.
The Offbeat Soul has the right to ask a trekker to discontinue the trek at any point if he/she does not meet our expected fitness requirement. In this case, the trekker will be accompanied by our staff back till the base camp.
Last minute changes / Delays
It may happen under some extreme circumstances, that there may be some last minute changes in the planned itinerary. The trek may start a day later or end a day earlier due to volatile climatic conditions, political restrictions, or any other reason. In such cases, The Offbeat Soul is not liable to refund the trek, either fully or partly. The participant cannot ask for compensation for any injury, loss or damage due to such changes.
- Drinking and Smoking are strictly prohibited during the trek. You will be disqualified from the trek with immediate effect if found flouting the rules.
- The Offbeat Soul is not responsible for any loss or damage of your belongings or equipment on the trek.
- Any damage to the equipments by the participant, other than the normal wear and tear, will be billed to you. Our decision on such matters will be final and binding.